P-47D-28 (Il-2: GB)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Republic P-47D-28 is a fighter from the Battle of Bodenplatte module of IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles.
Important facts and figures
- Engine will die if the cylinder head temperature exceeds 300°C. Adjust outlet cowls to prevent that from happening. Respect their speed limit.
- Inlet flaps (intercooler?) at 50% below 2km for optimal drag. At 55% from 2km to 9km. Above 9km, 60%.
- Interlock turbo and throttle for most flying.
- 84% RPM and combat manifold pressure can last for 30min.
- D-22: 7 min water injection.
- D-28 15 min water injection.
- The engine breaks within a couple of seconds of the overheat warning appearing on technochat, if it even appears.