Fw 190 A-3
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Focke-Wulf Fw 190 A-3 is a premium fighter from the Battle of Stalingrad module of IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles.
Important facts and figures
- Combat power time limit: 30min.
- Emergency power time limit: 3min.
- The Kommandogerät chooses manifold pressure, RPM, mixture, supercharger settings according to the power output set by the pilot (throttle lever).
- Vne: 850km/h.
- Stall speed without flaps: 166-189km/h.
- Stall speed with flaps: 166-172km/h.
- Flat out top speed at sea level: 560km/h.
Flying the Fw 190 A-3
Out of combat
Startup and taxi
- Throttle 10-15%.
- Begin engine startup sequence.
- For taxiing, be aware that the tailwheel only locks if the stick is pulled back, therefore the plane will need careful handling on the ground (pull the stick to taxi straight).
- Pull the stick back and hold it there.
- Smoothly throttle up to full power.
- Once sufficent speed is reached, release the stick and let the tail wheel lift.
- Once sufficeient speed is reached, lift off normally.
- Controls remain responsive at high speed.
- Suffers from nasty accelerated stalls if your AOA gets too high.