Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification for A-10C
All flight instructions and performance comments are voiced but once again, this is not a storyline campaign — it is a qualification course in large part based on actual 11-2 instruction and evaluation criteria. Your progression to the next mission relies on passing specified criteria in terms of performing the tasks demanded of you, with precision and to the letter. The campaign includes an amplified checklist that goes through all the steps you need to learn and perform, and each mission presents a set of criteria for its different qualification levels. Having the checklist handy, either separate to the game or converted to a in-game kneeboard, is almost a requirement.
Each of the 10 qualification steps consists of a practice session and a qualification session. This is an advanced course, but the tasks themselves are so common as to be rote experiences for any A-10C pilot. Even so, you are now asked to follow procedures very precisely in order to learn exactly how to deal with each situation.
The qualification course comes in two parts. First, there is the Advanced Flight Training (AFT), consisting of:
- Daytime air-to-air refuelling: rendez-vous with refuelling flight, connect, and depart.
- Nighttime air-to-air refuelling: rendez-vous with refuelling flight, connect, and depart.
- Countermeasures and threat avoidance: fly through a defended area, identify and employ countermeasures and avoidance techniques as needed.
- Target area ingress preparation: fence in and fence out procedures, DSMS modification, TGP manipulation and target identification, mock attack.
- Illumination flare employment: fence and and fence out, DSMS manipulation, flare delivery.
Second, there is the Advanced Armaments Training (AAT), consisting of:
- Air-to-air gun and missile employment: fence in and fence out, correct delivery of GAU-8 and AIM-9.
- Air-to-ground gun and rocket employment: fence in and fence out, correct delivery of GAU-8 and Hydra 70.
- Air-to-ground unguided bomb employment: fence in and fence out, correct delivery of Mk82 and CBU-97 bombs.
- Air-to-ground guided bomb employment: fence in and fence out, correct delivery of GBU-12, GBU-38, and CBU-105.
- Air-to-ground missile employment: fence in and fence out, correct delivery of AGM-65D and AGM-65H.
Each lesson builds on the previous ones, and at the end of each mission, you will be grade with a pass or fail (or qualified or non-qualified) on the learning tasks for that segment.
- A-10C Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification Campaign by Maple Flag Missions in the DCS shop.
- Recon Stewart's play-though.
- 11-2 training and evaluation criteria at 476th vFG.
|A‑10C||Basic Flight Training Qualification (BFTQ) · Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification (AATQ) · Tactical Training Qualification Campaign (TTQC) · 16‑2 Red Flag · The Enemy Within · Operation Piercing Fury · Stone Shield|
|AJS‑37||16‑2 Red Flag|
|Bf 109 K‑5||Jagdflieger|
|Combined Arms||Frontlines Georgia|
|F‑5E‑3||Aggressors Basic Fighter Maneuvers (BFM) · Aggressors Air Combat Maneuver (ACM)|
|F‑15C||Aggressors BFM · 16‑2 Red Flag · The Georgian War|
|F‑86F||Hunters over the Yalu · The Museum Relic|
|Ka‑50||Memory of a Hero · Republic|
|M‑2000C||M‑2000C Red Flag Campaign by Baltic Dragon|
|Mi‑8MTV2||The Border Campaign · Memory of a Hero · Oilfield Campaign|
|MiG‑15bis||The Museum Relic|
|P‑51D||The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney · Charnwood · High Stakes|
|Spitfire L.F. Mk. IX||The Big Show · Operation Epsom|
|Su‑27||The Ultimate Argument|
|UH‑1H||Argo · Worlds Apart - Spring 2025|